Please read these guidelines carefully and all the way to the end. Failing to follow them will get a manuscript rejected with being read.
NewLink Publishing: NewLink wants to review manuscripts in the genres of Science Fiction, Fantasy, Paranormal, and Horror. We are looking for novels written in an active voice with minimal passive voice, and a clear, fixed point of view. If your work falls short of our standards, we supply a short evaluation of why we rejected your novel. After fixing any major problems, you may resubmit your work, along with a letter of explanation as to the improvements made.
Ink & Quill Publishers: We want to review manuscripts in the genres of General Fiction, Romance, Mysteries, Historical Fiction, and Non-Fiction. Remember, we are looking for novels written up to today's standards, ie: active voice with a clear, fixed point of view, minimum use of adverbs in exposition and minimal passive voice. If your work falls short of our standards. We supply a short evaluation why we rejected a novel. After fixing any major problems, you may resubmit your work, along with a letter of explanation as to the improvements made.
Read Submissions Guidelines Ink & Quill and NewLink
Because of misunderstandings, we must be blunt. A quote we found on the internet states "Profanity: A feeble mind's attempt to express itself forcibly." We do not publish stories using specific "curse" words. The F-Bomb is unacceptable, as is the S-Bomb. While used for shock value, we believe a great wordsmith will find better ways to make their characters assert their emotions. We publish family-oriented stories, so this is a strict rule for us. No matter how good your story is, we will reject it for those reasons alone. You can clean it up and resubmit if you so desire. We will reconsider it a second time.
- Please include your complete contact information
- Full name
- Phone number
- Email address
- A one-page synopsis, including:
- Word count (This is a must) Preferred Word Count 55,000-85,000+ words
- Genre (Science Fiction, Romance, Historical Fiction, etc.)
- Central character
- Stumbling blocks, keeping the leading character from reaching his / her goals
- How does it end
- In the manuscript's header Please include:
- Author’s full name
- Chapter & Page Numbers
- Word Count
- First three chapters of the manuscript
- Please give us a 1-inch border around each page of the text for internal notes
- Marketing Plan: The more specific the better. Keep plans to no more than 3 pages. Include:
- Who is your audience? (Demographics, what do they like to read? What authors do they follow? What other books on the market are like yours?)
- Why should your audience want to read your book? (What are the unique aspects/marketable aspects)
- How are you going to reach your audience? (Include: Anything you are already doing, what you plan to start doing, what platforms you are going to use, your book launch strategy, and ideas on content you want to generate for advertising.)
- What results do you hope to see from your efforts? How are you going to measure those results?
- Book Formatting: DO NOT attempt to format your manuscript to resemble a book. Your accepted manuscript should left justifier, Times New Roman 12 point font, 0.25 indent on the first line of a paragraph. and double spaced. Any variation from this and your manuscript will be rejected and returned.